Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bryce Canyon




What an amazing, picturesque place! We took more photos today than ever before because with every turn of the trails and roads, we saw a different gorgeous picture filled with various shapes and colors. Bob says you can see why our forefathers made this a national park. Everywhere you look, there are pillars of rocks in fantastic shapes caused by erosion. When we woke up this morning, we heard loud thunder and rain and the flashes of lightening were almost blinding. We thought “oh darn, how will we see Bryce today?” Then, as you can see, it cleared up and became a beautiful, perfect day to visit this awesome creation carved by God. The pillars are called “hoodoos” and look like they are man-made. Geologists say the cliffs and plateaus have been there 10 million years. We hope that all of our friends and family can someday visit this fantastic place.







"okay, honey, just two more steps back!"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we went to Bryce! I remember hiking to the bottom and seeing so many neat things! I would love to go back there. DeeDee

Anonymous said...

I also remember Bryce Canyon. Hiking to the bottom, seeing all of the neat formation, THEN hiking back up to the top,(it sure seemed a lot further going up then down.
Joyce