Monday, August 07, 2006

Victoria, B.C.




Parliament Building and Empress Hotel

Today we took the ferry over to Victoria. It was a beautiful day and Victoria is filled with flowers and British charm. We took a double-decker tour bus that enabled us to see most of the highlights of Victoria, including gorgeous upscale neighborhoods. We visited a castle, the Parliament building, the famous Empress Hotel, and we went for an afternoon tea. We hadn’t been to Victoria in over 20 years, and it was evident by all the condos under construction that Victoria’s population has grown. The boat ride back was extremely rough and we were both very close to being seasick! Even though we had a great time in Victoria, we were very relieved to reach dry land.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria is beautiful! I wonder if I can get my hydrangeas to look like that??!!
-Shari

Anonymous said...

I remember Victoria so well! It feels like we were just there - was it really 20 years ago??? I feel so old! :) Wish I was there! Love, DD

Anonymous said...

Wish I had those hydrangeas in our backyard. What beautiful pictures you guys are taking!! It looks like you are having a wonderful time, and I am sure you are.
Wish we where there with you!!
Love,Gene & Joyce

Anonymous said...

Such great photos of Victoria! Brings back great memories of our visit there last year. We did the afternoon tea also at the Empress Hotel...and the DESSERTS were my favorite! You're really capturing the beauty of the city! We're so happy for you both.
Love, Mike and Donna